There are a lot of file formats, but PNG is one of the most popular and widely used formats. Mainly because of its high-quality display and broader colour palette. It’s a strong competitor with the GIF files. And a lot of designers use this file format.
However, making PNG transparent in Photoshop might prove to be quite a struggle if you’re a beginner.
Table of Contents
Steps On How To Make PNG Transparent using Canva or Photoshop
1. In Canva
- Login to your Canva account and click on the “Create design” option.
- Next, click on the plus sign and select “upload”
- Here, you’ll select the image you want to use for this project and click on the uploaded image
- A menu will appear, among which “Effect” will be an option. Select it.
- Once the sub menu appears you’ll select “Background remover”
- Once it’s done, export the file in PNG format and you’re set to go.
2. In Adobe Photoshop
- Log in to your Adobe Photoshop and click on the logo file to open
- Next, select a layer from the menu and add a new layer. This layer is already transparent.
- Drag this new layer below your contents layer.
- Then, select your layer and use the “lasso tool” to make your content layer transparent.
- You can experiment with the settings to select your desired area.
- Then Click delete, and your former layer will be replaced with a white and black checker background. (Transparent)
- To save as a PNG file, download and select the format “PNG”