Shopify is arguably the most popular eCommerce platform in the world. The cloudcommerce platform allows businesses of all scales to ably sell their products online, manage their inventory, process purchases, and offer delivery services.
As a Shopify store owner who has engaged the service of a Shopify Web developer, you will need to give them access to your Shopify store to enable them to work on the website. (if you need a proficient Shopify Web developer, you can reach out to us with your eCommerce project brief at Web Design Nigeria on 08114900422 or email us via our contact page).
There are two different ways to achieve this;
- Staff permissions
- Collaborator permissions.
In this article, we will guide you on how to achieve both.
Table of Contents
Giving Access With Staff Permissions
The easiest way to grant access to your Shopify store is staff permissions. With Staff permissions, the developer is recognized as a staff member and is given access to the admin panel, allowing them to make changes to your Shopify store.
Here’s how to do it:
- From the left side of your Shopify admin page, click on SETTINGS.
- Select USERS AND PERMISSIONS
- Click ADD STAFF, then enter the name and email address of the staff.
- From the permission options, you can choose which exact permissions you want to grant.
- Click on SEND INVITE to finish. Invitations will be sent to the staff member via email and it must be acknowledged within 7 days or it will expire.
Giving Access With Collaborator Permissions
If the developer is not a staff of your company, you can grant them permission as collaborators. When you add a collaborator to your Shopify store, it doesn’t count toward the number of staff you have.
To give a developer access to your Shopify store as a collaborator, you will need to send them a request access code, here’s how to set one up:
1. Go to USERS AND PERMISSIONS
2. Click on COLLABORATORS
3. Select the “Only people with a collaborator request code can request access” feature.
4. Send the code to your developer to grant them access.