Are you wondering how possibly easy it is to edit a PDF doc in Canva? Yes! You can now edit PDF files inside the Canva Cloud Editor.
Editing PDF files before now is usually done with complex graphic design tools like Photoshop, Corel Draw, and A. Illustrator, handing such a tool to the non-technical is a big put-off is so many scenarios, and users just tend to give up on the whole idea.
The advent of Canva cloud design tools is changing that narrative Canva has recently onboarded the PDF editor feature, now making it possible to import a PDF file via the graphic editor interface and start editng, even users on the free plan are allowed access to this feature.
The new Canva PDF editing feature is no doubt a game-changer, especially for people who are looking to make quick and effective edits to their PDF documents without the hassle of having to handle complex processes to get things done.
Our goal in this tutorial is to simply walk you through the process of editing a PDF file via the Canva online graphic design tool.
Table of Contents
Why Choose Canva’s PDF Editor?
Canva, first is an immensely easy-to-use design tool for creating all kinds of documents imaginable. The team behind the tool is on an endless mission to bring limitless possibilities to this nifty graphic design tool and recently the Canva PDF editor was made available.
It allows users to import their PDF files into the Canva tools while the tools go ahead to programmatically break down the PDF elements into editable components. Thereafter, elements such as text, images, icons, graphics, and more become movable, deletable, replaceable, and generally editable.
Even more, you can go the extra mile by adding some animations, GIFs, or music to your PDF to bring liveliness to your PDF and make it more presentably engaging.
If you want to explore Canva’s PRO features, consider signing up for the Canva PRO 30-day free trial to elevate your design experience without any cost.
Getting Started: How to Edit a PDF File in Canva
Here is how to do it:
- Start by logging in to your Canva tool
- Look to the top right section of the page to find the “Create a design” button.
- Next, have your document imported using the”Import File” option, then add the PDF document you want to edit from your computer.
- Wait for a few seconds for your PDF to be imported, and available alongside other designs on the “All your designs” section.
- Click on the design thumbnail to start editing your PDF file.
- Make all the required edits like you would with any other design in Canva, resizing elements, and changing text, images, and graphics are all possible now.
- Once done, you can download your design in your preferred format, including JPEG, PNG, SVG, or PDF.
That’s it! You’ve successfully edited a PDF file in Canva.
However, Keep in mind that this feature is currently in beta, making you to experience occasional hiccups such as skewed or misplaced texts and other elements.
Also note, that you are only allowed to upload a PDF document up to 15 MB in a single file with not more than 15 pages in total.
What are your thoughts on Canva’s new PDF editor? If you found this guide helpful, don’t forget to share it with fellow Canva users who might benefit from this fantastic feature!