Are you wondering about the possibility of converting Figma to PSD? Below are two methods you can use to convert Figma files (.fig) to PSD Photoshop files (.PSD):
Table of Contents
Step One: Export Your Figma Design
- Open your Figma file containing the design you want to convert.
- Highlight the frames, layers, or objects you want to export.
- Next, perform a right-click and opt for the “Export” option, or employ the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+E for Windows, Command+Option+E for Mac).
- Within the export dialog, make sure to designate the format as “SVG”to maintain vectorized format quality
- Click the “Export” button to download the selected frames or layers as PNG files.
Step Two: Open Photoshop
- Launch Adobe Photoshop on your computer.
Step Three: Create a New PSD File
- Go to “File” > “New” to create a new Photoshop document.
- Set the dimensions to match your Figma design.
Step Four: Import the SVG
- Drag and drop the downloaded SVG files from Figma into your Photoshop document. Arrange them as needed to reconstruct your design.
Step Five: Adjust Layers and Effects
- In Photoshop, you can fine-tune your design, add effects, and make necessary edits.
Step Six: Save Your PSD File
- Go to “File” > “Save As” and choose the PSD format to save your design in Photoshop’s native format.
Following these steps will smoothly convert your Figma design into a PSD file, ensuring it’s ready for collaboration with Photoshop users or further editing in Photoshop itself. This process maintains the integrity of your design.
Method 2: Using FileStar
You can also convert Figma to PSD using the latest version of Filestar.
Step One: Download the latest Filestar
Step two: Right-click on the Fig File you want to convert on your PC and you should see the option to convert with Filestar.
Step three: Type convert to PSD in the search box.
Step four: Finally, click on convert.
Method 3: Using PhotoPea
A third method to convert Figma files to PSD is using the Photopea tool. Photopea has made it possible to convert FIG files to PSD using the free online photo editor at Photopea.com.
Step one: Upload the Figma file from your PC to the Photopea Editor interface or drag and drop it into the editor, making sure that you have all the content of the Figma file including the artboards and all pages right in front of you in the editor.
Step two: Click on File- Save as PSD to get an instant PSD version of your Figma file downloaded to your PC.
In a situation where some fonts are missing, you can have the custom fonts loaded in Photopea in TTF or OTF version so that Photopea can use the font to redraw the text layer with the missing font style.
Method 4: Using Magicul (Premium)
You can also use a paid tool like Magicul to automatically convert your Figma design files to Photoshop’s PSD format.
To get started, you need to:
Step 1: Visit the Magicul website and then create an account.
Step 2: Upload your Figma(.fig) file to Magicul.
Step 3: Choose the PSD format as the output option.
Step 4: Start the conversion process and wait for Magicul to generate the PSD file.
Step 5: Download the converted PSD file from Magicul and open it in Adobe Photoshop.